Program Improvement (PI) School Notice and Supplemental Services Information for Parents
Below is the Program Improvement (PI) school notice for Rowland Elementary that was mailed to families in September. Rowland El was identified because the school did not meet Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) in 2012-13 under the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act of 2001.
*Added 10/15/14 - Below is additional information for students who qualify for Supplemental Educational Services - please click on PDFs for more information - also translated into SPANISH AND CHINESE.
Students from low-income families at continuing PI schools, whose parents did not select a public school choice option, are eligible for free Supplemental Educational Services (SES).
What are Supplemental Educational Services?
Supplemental educational services are additional academic instruction designed to increase the academic achievement of your student. These services, which are in addition to instruction provided during the school day, may include academic assistance such as tutoring, remediation and other supplemental academic services that are consistent with the content and instruction used by Rowland Unified School District. SES must be high quality; research based and specifically designed to increase student academic achievement.
How do I learn more about getting SES for my child?
- Provider Fair for Rowland EL Parents is Thursday, Nov. 6 from 8 - 10 AM and 3-5 PM in Cafeteria.
- If you are interested in SES, please review the attached list and once you have selected 3 providers for tutoring your child, please fill out the Parent Request for Supplemental Educational Services form.
- Complete and return the SES application form to the Office of Special Projects by November 28, 2014.
When will my child begin tutoring?
- Upon receipt of the Parent Request for Supplemental Educational Services, the Office of Special Projects/ GATE will notify the provider of your choice.
- The provider will contact you and a contract will need to be signed between you and the provider before tutoring begins.
- Tutoring can begin any time after the contract has been signed with the provider and received by the District.
- 2014-2015 PROVIDER LIST.pdf (855.13 KB)
- PARENT REQUEST FORM FOR SUPPLEMENTAL SERVICES ENG SPAN CHINESE.pdf (527.43 KB)
- ROWLAND EL PI SCHOOL NOTICE SEPT 2014.pdf (2.14 MB)
- SUPPLEMENTAL EDUCATION SERVICES PARENT LETTER ENG SPAN CHINESE.pdf (572.37 KB)
|Tel:||(626)964-3441 ext. 2756|