Our school is full of the hustle and bustle that happens in the weeks before school starts.
I am so proud of the amazing school and District team that has been preparing for the return of our students and families. It takes a lot to get things ready for the start of the school year.
I am so thankful to all our staff for their many efforts to prepare the school for our students and families. Let me share some of the accomplishments that have happened recently.
• Our custodians: Mrs. Yvette, Mr. Oscar, and Mr. Paul, have completed a deep-cleaning
of the school.
• Members of our District facilities team have slurry coated and re-striped our parking lot
and assisted with other grounds and facilities maintenance like checking the HVAC and
electrical systems, making repairs, and trimming bushes.
• Our District Technology and Warehouse staff have been configuring iPad and Chromebook carts and delivering them to our school.
• Our office staff, led by Mrs. Mang, has prepared a wide variety of orders, schedules, and student registration documents.
• Teachers have helped get newly arrived textbooks organized and delivered to classrooms. They have also begun to plan and work with their teams on instructional plans for their classes.
• Next week teachers officially report back to school. They will be transforming their classrooms into inviting and productive learning spaces for kids; they will be planning instruction for students, and they will be participating in professional development to deepen their teaching skills.
The work that has happened so far this summer is a collective effort with a single purpose - to be ready to serve the needs of our students and families.
The 2017-2018 is about to begin. We are eager to greet our students on the first day of school, Monday, August 14th. We are excited. We are ready. We are dedicated to serve you. See you soon!
Sincerely, John Martinez Principal, Rowland Elementary School
Remember to stay connected with Rowland Elementary School on Twitter and Facebook, and visit the Rowland Elementary web page for helpful information. Downloading the Rowland App and signing up for PeachJar are more ways to stay connected.
Principal's Corner is a recurring feature consisting of stories and information about Rowland Elementary School.